The CU checking account is one of the best financial bargains around.
"Share Draft" is the credit union term for a checking account, meaning that “drafts” can be written on the account to be honored for payment by the credit union. The credit union checking account offers many great features, and is one of the best financial bargains available today!
Some of the many benefits of a Coosa Pines FCU Share Draft (checking) account are:
• No Monthly Service Fee – Unlike many checking accounts, there is no monthly service fee charged on a Coosa Pines FCU checking account, no matter what balance is held in the account.
• No Per-Item Fees - Coosa Pines FCU does not charge “per-item” fees for checks written or transactions made on the checking account.
• No Minimum Balance – There is no minimum balance on a CPFCU checking account. The credit union does not require a minimum balance to earn dividends on the checking account.
• Overdraft Protection Options – The credit union offers several overdraft protection options to protect a checking account against insufficient funds activity. Members may choose to use any or all of these options, though some restrictions apply.
• No Fee for Direct Deposit or Automatic (ACH) Payments
• Debit and ATM Cards - CPFCU offers Debit and ATM cards that carry no annual fee and incur no transaction fees as long as deposited funds are available*. The VISA Debit Card with UChoose Rewards eliminates the hassle of writing checks and is usable practically anywhere that VISA is accepted. The card can also be used to access checking or savings account balances anytime at ATM's worldwide using the CIRRUS, EXCHANGE or CU24 Networks.
• Earns Dividends – The Coosa Pines FCU checking account earns dividends paid quarterly based on the average daily balance. Dividends are declared by the Board of Directors at the end of each quarter, and paid directly to the checking account.
• Fewer & Lower Fees – The miscellaneous services tied to a credit union checking account – such as returned check processing, wire transfers, check copies, stop payments, etc. – offer fewer and lower fees than most banks.
• Monthly Statements - Statements for members who have a checking account are delivered monthly by mail (unless the member subscribes to e-Statements, in which case the member receives monthly email notifications when the statement is ready to be retrieved online). Copies of cleared checks are not mailed with statements. Check images are available through Virtual Branch at no charge, or from the credit union for a fee.
• New Horizons Club members, age 50 and over, receive one free box of checks per year in addition to many other free or discounted services. Contact a Member Service Representative for details and restrictions.
*A transaction fee may apply when using the CPFCU Debit or ATM card at an ATM not owned by Coosa Pines FCU. Refer to our Fee Schedule for more detailed information on all fees associated with credit union membership.