You've decided to join Coosa Pines Federal Credit Union, and we're thrilled to have you as a member!
Switching your finances to your new credit union accounts is a cinch if you follow these simple steps:
1. Talk with any of our knowledgeable staff members about which CPFCU accounts would best serve your needs.
2. Don't close your old accounts before setting up your new ones.
* Open your new accounts with the minimum balance and then transfer the money from the old accounts over to the new ones.
* You may request one free sheet of temporary checks at account opening to get you started. Additional counter checks are only $1 per sheet of four.
3. Transfer direct deposits and automatic payments to your new accounts.
* If you need help in making the transfer, feel free to call or stop by your local branch office.
* Wait to close your old accounts until all direct deposits or automatic debits have cleared and been transferred to the new accounts.
4. Retrieve records from your former online banking program.
* If you're already using an online banking program at your old financial institution, print out or save statements, payment histories and merchant information before you close the accounts; it may be difficult to access these documents later. These records will also help you with setting up your free CPFCU Virtual Branch
and online Bill Pay
* Go back through several months of statements from your old accounts to make sure you don't forget about any automatic payments. (Remember some payments may not be taken out every month.)
* Let merchants you pay online know your new account information and when to start using your new account.
5. Finally, make sure your old financial institution has your contact information so its representatives can get in touch with you if necessary.
Come visit us today and we'll help you make the switch to Coosa Pines Federal Credit Union. You'll be glad you did!
Call or Stop by for Help