The field of membership shall be limited to those having the following common bond:
- Persons who live, work, worship, or attend school in and businesses and other legal entities located within Clay, Coosa, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair and Talladega Counties, Alabama
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union
- Employees of this credit union
- Immediate family members and members of the household of existing credit union members, regardless of residency
- Organizations of such persons
"Member of the immediate family or household" is defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild. For the purpose of this definition, immediate family member includes stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, and adoptive relationships.
"Household" is defined as persons living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit.
If you have any of these qualifications, we'd be happy to serve you. Simply fill out a membership enrollment application and you'll be on your way to financial freedom!
Joining the credit union requires an opening deposit of $5.00 minimum to a share/savings account. Once you are a member of Coosa Pines Federal Credit Union, you have a lifetime membership, even if you change jobs or move.
If you are unable to join Coosa Pines FCU, we’ll help you find another credit union! Here are some great resources to assist you in your search:
www.ASmarterChoice.org or call 1-800-HOWTOJO (INACU) (that's 1-800-469-8656) for assistance in finding your credit union.
Back to Becoming a Member.