Wire Transfers allow the transfer of funds from a credit union account to an account at a different financial institution.
- These transfers are sometimes made to pay a bill, send emergency money to friends or relatives, or even to make purchases when sending a check or money order is not a viable option.
- The fee for Wire Transfers within the United States is $10.00. For Wire Transfers outside the United States the fee is $35.00.
- Prior to making the first Wire Transfer on a credit union account, either the primary account owner or joint account owner must sign a Funds Transfer Agreement.
Outgoing Wire Transfer Instructions
For funds transferred out of a Coosa Pines FCU account by wire transfer, a signed Funds Transfer Agreement must be on file and the following information must be provided to CPFCU:
- Receiving Financial Institution Name and Complete Address (Include City, State and Zip)
- Routing/ ABA Number (Institution Will Provide)
- Receiving Person(s) Name and Account Number
- Instruction as to the Account from Which the Wire Transfer Fee May be Deducted
- If the Transfer Amounts to $10,000 or More, Identification Will Be Required of the Sender
Incoming Wire Transfer Instructions
For funds transferred into a Coosa Pines FCU account, a signed Funds Transfer Agreement must be on file and the proper transfer instructions must be given to the sending institution.
NOTE: Contact a Member Service Representative for incoming transfer instructions or assistance.