Coosa Pines offers Share Drafts, which are equivalent to credit union checking accounts. This account allows for “drafts” to be written on the account that are paid by the credit union. There are many great features included with the checking account, such as no monthly service fee, no per item fees and no minimum balance. There are also several overdraft protection options to protect your account against insufficient funds activity.
Debit and ATM cards can also be linked to the Share Draft Checking Account and there are no fees associated with direct deposit or automatic payments.
Register the VISA Debit Card to earn UChoose Rewards points!
- Earns Dividends – The Coosa Pines FCU checking account earns dividends paid quarterly based on the average daily balance. Dividends are declared by the Board of Directors at the end of each quarter, and paid directly to the checking account.
- Fewer & Lower Fees – The miscellaneous services tied to a credit union checking account – such as returned check processing, wire transfers, check copies, stop payments, etc. – offer fewer and lower fees than most banks.
- Free Electronic Services – To help members keep up with checking and savings accounts, Coosa Pines offers check reorders online, as well as FREE e-Services such as Virtual Branch online banking, electronic Bill Pay service, Mobile Money mobile phone banking, Account Alerts, Express Line automated telephone service, and eStatements.
- Monthly Statements - Statements for members who have a checking account are delivered monthly by mail (unless the member subscribes to eStatements, in which case the member receives monthly email notifications when the statement is ready to be retrieved online). Copies of cleared checks are not mailed with statements. Check images are available through Virtual Branch at no charge, or from the credit union for a fee.
- New Horizons Club members, age 50 and over, receive one free box of checks per year in addition to many other free or discounted services. Contact a Member Service Representative for details and restrictions.
*A transaction fee may apply when using the CPFCU Debit or ATM card at an ATM not owned by Coosa Pines FCU. Refer to our Fee Schedule for more detailed information on all fees associated with credit union membership.