Saving for the future, whether it is for a comfortable retirement or a child’s education, is easier with Individual Retirement Account (IRA) options.
- An IRA can be opened with as little as $100.00.
- Our Member Service Representatives are available to answer questions and provide information on Traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs, and Coverdell ESAs (or Education Savings Accounts).
- Members may contribute to an IRA at any time of the year. Automatic Transfers can be arranged from a credit unionShare or Share Draft (checking) account to the IRA, making saving effortless.
- Coosa Pines FCU also accepts rollovers, transfers or lump-sum distributions from qualified retirement savings plans (QRPs) or from IRAs currently held by other financial institutions.
- Dividends on IRAs are declared and paid quarterly.
- Individual Retirement Accounts are insured separately from other Coosa Pines FCU deposit accounts, federally through the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) with additional insurance provided by Excess Share Insurance, Inc.
Fees could reduce the earnings on the account.
IRA deposits may also be invested in IRA Certificates for a specific amount of time, which may earn higher dividend rates than the regular Individual Retirement Account.
Traditional IRAs provide you with great benefits, such as deferred federal income taxes, tax-deductible contributions, easily transferable fund options.
Roth IRAs are a great option that can offer tax-free earnings and other perks.
IRAs are insured separately from other CPFCU deposit accounts.